SuzyQ411

" I'M LATE, I'M LATE, FOR A VERY IMPORTANT DATE!"

Discussion created by SuzyQ411 on Apr 1, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 5, 2020 by SuzyQ411

You may remember the title of this entry from Alice in Wonderland~ as spoken by White Rabbit~ and it just seems to fit the bill for me at this time. You see, I've had the craziest day and now at 10:30 PM I am finally getting to my e-mails and the EX site. I have missed my usual morning "date" with the EX.

But I want to be sure I post my stats and my commitment to stay quit. 

I'm going to change the routine a bit by taking the hand of someone in particular to make my formal pledge to not smoke today because I have missed her and I see she has returned to the site. And so, I take your hand PastTense and agree with you to not smoke even one little puff today.

I also want to shout out that today is my 87th day fully- free of cigarettes; that means I have not smoked a total of 1,305 cigarettes since my current quit on January 6, 2020.

That doesn't mean that I'm free from cravings, because I'm not. And, it doesn't mean I am happy about the additional 5# that I've gained, because I'm not.

But, it does mean that I am sticking with my plan to live a cigarette-free life... In order to help me prevent having a stroke.... And, well, to just smell better....

I also want to share just a little bit of humor for those reading this little note that speaks of how my life has changed during these times of peril:

Yup, that was me at the cashier's counter!

Stay tobacco free, healthy and happy.

~Suzy

Outcomes