Considering February is the shortest month of the year, it sure does have a lot of holidays!
- Chinese New Year
- National Freedom Day
- Groundhog Day
- Valentine’s Day
- President’s Day
- Mardi Gras
- My birthday
- My son’s birthday
- Ash Wednesday
- Black History Month
- American Heart Month
- Chocolate Lover’s Month
- National Bird Feeding Month
- National Dental Month
Some fun facts about February:
- February is named after the purification ritual Februa, which was a sort of early Roman spring cleaning festival.
- In Old English, February was called Solmonath (Mud month) or Kale-monath (Kale or cabbage month).
- February frequently occurs in lists of the most commonly misspelled words in the English language.
- The Americans have trouble with the word February too – last year, a press release from the White House consistently spelt it as Feburary.
- Much Ado About Nothing is the only Shakespeare play that mentions February.
- Before Julius Caesar’s calendar reform of 45BC, February was the only month with an even number of days. All the rest had 29 or 31.
- February is the only month that can pass with no full moon. The last time this occurred was in 2018 and prior to that was 1999.
- In the USA, the largest American sporting event is held in February, the Super Bowl.
- The birthstone for February is amethyst. The birth flower is the violet or iris.
- The ancient Greeks believed that amethyst protected the wearer from drunkenness.
How to pledge:
|Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.|
|Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.|
|Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.|
- You've made your pledge. Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
- Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF! EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.
- As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that!